Are you passionate about working with families and children? Are you looking for a place to build your career? Do you pride yourself on doing the right thing for your clients, colleagues, and your community? Well, so do we and we need someone just like you to join our team!
At Children's Connections, you will work with families, children, and providers to support several programs including adoption, child care, nutrition, parenting, pregnancy support, and youth services in communities throughout Texas and the United States.
What you'll do:
• Schedule and conduct interviews either at a family's home or off site location
• Provide case management services to women and teens with high risk pregnancies
• Work with birth mothers to develop and implement hospital plans
• Assist birthparents with grief and loss counseling after placement and make referrals to local agencies
• Conduction educational and informational seminar for prospective genetic embryo donors, adoptive parents, families with parenting challenges, and professionals
• Make personal contacts with clinics, hospitals, and other referral sources such as media
As a Family & Adoption Specialist, you must possess:
All candidates MUST meet the following criteria PRIOR to applying for the position:
• Bachelor's degree in a human sciences field preferred
• Experience working with children with special needs preferred
• Reliable transportation, current auto liability insurance and a good driving record are required.
• Commitment to participate in training including CPR/First Aid training, and additional orientation and training provided by teleconference, webinar or online self-study.
• Cell phone with text and password protection capability with a number that may be shared with assigned clients
• Reliable Internet access with utilization of Outlook preferred
• Computer with Word, PowerPoint and Excel (Microsoft Office Suite) and password protection capability
• Good communication skills, being "client friendly" and being able to work well with all types of people is a must.
• Excellent writing skills and ability to complete detailed reports, accepting and learning from editing/review process
• Must not conduct work for self or other agencies that would be a perceived conflict of interest with any CCI program (if planning to resign from a conflicting position if hired, please indicate this via email when submitting a resume; copy of resignation letter will be required)
• Must successfully pass criminal and child abuse/neglect background checks, TB test and drug testing.
If qualified, send an email with attached cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We're unable to consider resumes without a current physical address, phone number, or months/years for previous employment.
And we would prefer:
• Experience working with a licensed child placing agency or Child Protective Services
• Master's Degree with 1-2 years of related work experience
• CFLE Preferred
What's in it for you?
1. Job Stability-Agency over 31 years of enhancing the lives of children, youth, adults, and families through education, support, resources, and referrals
2. Great Income-Competitive compensation on a contractual basis
3. Opportunity-On the job training provided and opportunity for career growth
4. Professional, upbeat work environment-Our standards are high, morale is higher. We breed successful people through a well-designed, contagious culture
5. Purpose-We help every individual or family member set and achieve their own personal family goals all while improving their lives and the lives of the children with whom they work
Are you ready to enhance the quality of life for children and families? Then apply right now so we can talk ASAP.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers