compensation: part-time salary, based on experience employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Wimberley United Methodist Church has an opening for an experienced Accompanist. The role is part-time, estimated at 3-6 hours per week. The Accompanist provides organ and piano music for worship services and accompanies choirs, soloists, and ensembles.
Responsibilities include participating in Rehearsals with Chancel Choir for regular services and special services; rehearse with soloists and choir.
Worship Services responsibilities include:
• Provide service music for and accompany both worship services each Sunday.
• Select appropriate music for preludes, postludes, offertory, etc. Provide titles to church secretary for bulletin.
• Work with the Director of Music and the Pastor to provide music for worship services.
• Provide substitute (as approved by Music Director) when absent from rehearsals or worship services.
• Accompany special services during the church year, which may include Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Christmas Eve, etc.
• Competency in both piano and organ
• Experience performing and accompanying various styles of worship music
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers